Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lindsey's Beet Salad

I had lunch with my friend Lindsey today and as we were chatting food, she shared one of her favorite salad recipes with me. I was happy to be able to make it right away with ingredients I had already prepped--bonus! Beets are in season and I am always looking for ways to integrate them into our meals. This salad is easy and delicious! It was even easier for me tonight because Alex made it while I got the rest of our dinner ready. Look at that presentation--nice!

Serves 3-4.

Ingredients
5 large handfuls of salad greens
3 medium beets, sliced thin
1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin with rings separated
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
2 heaping Tbsp paleo mayonnaise

Preparation
  1. Layer ingredients, beets through bacon, in a large salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Combine vinegar and mayonnaise in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
  3. Drizzle salad with dressing. Toss just prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment