Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blackened Chicken

What do you do when you are eating solo? That's where I was tonight. I checked out the ingredients I had on hand and used up some of my prepared ingredients to put together this quick meal. I like to keep a supply of blackening spice mix on hand in an old spice jar for nights like tonight. All I had to do is sprinkle it on my chicken and cook it. If you have any leftover spice mix, save it in your spice drawer for an easy meal option--or double the recipe listed here. It's great on chicken, fish, and pork. The recipe here is for four servings, but is easily scaleable to any amount.


Serves 4.


Ingredients
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cayenne
1 tsp ground coriander (you can ground whole coriander in food processor)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp bacon fat, olive oil, or coconut oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix spices together. 
  3. Dredge chicken in spices. 
  4. Melt fat of choice in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  5. Saute chicken for 3 minutes on each side.
  6. Transfer to a shallow pan and finish cooking in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment